43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

Thursday 18 March 2010

Evaluation question 6 - "What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?"

In terms of using new technologies for my product i had to understand how to use more than just using a computer. I had to use Adobe Photoshop to create the logo for my product, ensuring that it was big enough, as my first attempt was not the correct dimensions and measurements to fit a regular TV screen, therefore looked too small when putting it onto my product. I had to make sure the file was saved as a Jpeg so it was suitable for my needs and that i had enough storage space in my memory at college as a lot of photoshop products etc could fill it easily, i also had to save everything in appropriate places and save a backup copy onto a memory stick.
For making my film i used a college camera and tripod to film. To complete my product i used an Apple Mac with Finalcut Pro to edit and complete my product. To use this i had to learn how to cut and edit each shot together making each one flow into another continuously. I learnt how to edit the shots to make some brigter if they were too dark to see and how to zoom into some shots to cut the longer shots up and make them more interesting with various framing. I used different effects and transitions in my product such as cross-fading and dissolves to fade from one shot into another, which came in very useful for emphasising the flashbacks. I then had to add my soundtrack, and learn how to fade the music in and out and cut it where i wanted it to play. I used opening titles by importing my logo onto the Mac and playing it at the start of my film to make it look of a professional standard, i inserted text into my opening titles on Finalcut pro with a typewriter effect for the words showing up.
Without new digital technology making this film would be very difficult to make, it was so easy to move digital data such as images and sounds from different file types and Windows on a computer to Mac OS. Physical cutting and pasting would have taken much more time and effort than using the technology we have now.
Although using very little technology would be very difficult, i think that actually using it and getting to learn how to use it has still been a difficult task of building on stills and multi-tasking, although it got easier as the skills developed, but i still think there is more to learn. In the future i will spend more time on attention to detail in the editing process and cutting the shots up into more detail and learning more skills on how to do thing like that. I will also film shots more than just a few times and from different angles so that when it comes to editing i will have more choice on detail.

This image shows the use of prezi. This is part of making my evaluation, i took on new skills to present some of my evaluation questions on this new website.

No comments:

Post a Comment