43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

Sunday 24 January 2010

Audience research - Primary



I made this questionnaire to hand out to research what people would like to see in the opening of a film and how popular romances are today. I asked 5 males and 5 females to fill them out aged mainly 15-20. As my results are coming from this age group my target audience will be aimed at people aged 15-25, i chose this age group as most of my questionnaire results have good ideas from this age range and my film would be one containing things which happen in life which this age group could relate to which, from my research, is what people like to see in a romance film. The age range begins at 15 as this would be the certificate of my film which most people voted for and there would be no unsuitable content for anyone this young, which was the posibility for it being an 18 but the film would ensure there was nothing unnessesary. When i asked what people would like to see in the opening of a film, about 30% said a flashback, i agreed with this idea and think i will use flashbacks in my opening as it will help build a character in the short amount of time i have for filming. I found that females had more interest in romance films than males as males seem to prefer sex scenes and horror or comedy films rather than romance. The most popular romance films people liked were Love actually, The Notebook and The Titanc which was good information as i have already researched the openings of The Notebook and Love Actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment